In the submission checklist, authors are required to carefully peruse and comply with the following guidelines:
- The submitted manuscript is not under consideration by any other journal for publication or previously published.
- The manuscript for submission must be written in English and submitted in PDF or Microsoft Word.
- All manuscripts for submission must be formatted as specified in the
- All in-text citations must appear on the referencing list, using the American Psychology Association (APA) referencing style.
- All authors must affirm they have read, understood, and accepted the contents of the ready and published papers.
- Authors are liable for the contents of all submitted, accepted, and published manuscripts.
- All submitted manuscripts are double-blind reviewed.
ASSHJ provides authors with a number of benefits such as free PDF copies, open access, and wide distribution to many databases for indexing.
It is the responsibility of the author/s to prepare the research paper for evaluation by unknown (independent) reviewers. The following processes are adhered to for publication:
Step 1: Once a manuscript is received, the Editor-in-Chief and Associate editors will examine each submission against the checklist and affirm its suitability to the journal.
Step 2: The received manuscript is sent out to independent reviewers for review. The reviewers return the “Reviewer’s Recommendation Report (RRR)” with the comments after the review process is completed.
Step 3: The Editor-in-Chief will send out the “Reviewer’s Recommendation Report (RRR)” to the authors for immediate compliance and fix within the allocated time.
Step 4: After completion of the revision in compliance with the RRR, the revised copy is sent back to the Editor-in-Chief.
Step 5: The Editor-in-Chief and the Associate editors will re-examine the revised manuscript to check and determine if it has met the reviewer’s recommendations.
Step 6: When the Editor-in-Chief and the Associate editors are satisfied, the manuscript will be sent to the Publication Desk for publication. The Editor-in-Chief will remain in constant contact with the corresponding author/s until the paper is finally published online.
As earlier indicated, ASSHJ is a double-blind peer-reviewed academic journal published only in English. Articles for consideration are submitted via our online submission.
Reviewers evaluate the manuscript base on:
- Methodologically balance
- Theoretically sound
- Contribution to the body of knowledge
- Correct references are used in acknowledging previous works
- The appropriate language is used. Reviewers may suggest corrections to the paper or recommend for language editing.
Where there is a contradiction in the reviewer’s report or reports, further expert view/s shall be explored, and this may necessarily delay publication.
The following principles guide the reviewer’s responsibilities in the review process:
- Reviewer’s judgments must be unbiased and objective;
- No conflict of interest;
- Reviewer’s report should guide the author on the area for corrections and improvement;
- Confidentiality on the reviewed articles.
Please follow the guideline on ASSHJ (manuscript) template before submitting your manuscript.
Authors can download ASSHJ MS Word template. Click here for the template.
Join ASSHJ team of reviewers
Reviewer’s applications are evaluated based on research area/s and the CV submitted. Click here to join ASSHJ team of reviewers.
All published papers by ASSHJ are used and shared under the terms and condition of the Creative Commons Attribution License(CC-BY). You are allowed to used and share any article by ASSHJ provided the authors are cited appropriately.
When publishing with ASSHJ, authors agree to these terms:
- Author/s remain with the copyright of the published journal paper while granting Century Publishers the right of the original publication as the work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License(CC-BY), which enables anyone to distribute the work and acknowledging the author/s.
- Authors are allowed to make additional arrangements to circulate the published journal paper (example sharing or post it in any online repository) with acknowledgment to the original publication of work.
- Authors are allowed to share and post their published work online, such as on social media, websites, and repositories as to increase readability and citations.
The call for papers is open throughout the year. Papers can be submitted at any time of the year. However, the publication is quarterly (4 times per year – Feb, May, Aug, and Nov).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.